The purpose of Lincoln's student council is to give students k-5 an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body.
The objectives of the Lincoln Elementary Student Council are:
- to provide opportunities to work together in service to our school and community
- to develop leadership potential
- to encourage loyalty to school and community
Some possible projects include:
- showing appreciation to the staff at LES, working to ensure that each staff member knows that their students appreciate them
- planning both school-wide and Student Council-specific philanthropic opportunities and community events throughout the year.
- planning spirit activities such as dress-up days, movie nights, school dance and friendly grade-level/classroom competitions that increase school spirit, as well as producing posters and publicity for Student Council programs and events.